Customer user interface (W2003) ini file not found on reboot

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

nvdplsystems
Observer
Observer

Customer user interface (W2003) ini file not found on reboot

Post by nvdplsystems »

I am using windows 2003 and the custom user interface to load public browser and the ini file (which is stored in a shared folder on our server). However when the client is rebooted, I get the following error:

The INI file, \\comox\pacini\publicbrowserlv.ini, was not found, or unable to read configuration from Registry.

Please check to make sure \\comox\pacini\publicbrowserlv.ini exists, the Registry is set correctly, or the correct INI was specified in the command line argument /INI="...".

When I click on OK to clear the error, I then get a Error Report window. When I click Do not send, the computer remains on a blank desktop, but when I log off the computer and log back on, the custom user interface picks up, including the INI file.

HELP!!! Thanks in advance.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The network may not be fully started when PWB is trying to get to the INI file when first logging on to the computer. You can try using either the CheckNet utility available on our Download page to wait for the network to become available before PWB is started, or you can turn off the Windows XP fast logon.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... -us;305293

--Scott

nvdplsystems
Observer
Observer

Post by nvdplsystems »

Thank you, by turning off the fast logon optimization, it works now.