Inactivity Timer and TrendMicro OfficeScan

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

ScottW

Inactivity Timer and TrendMicro OfficeScan

Post by ScottW »

Anyone have any problems running the inactivity timer and TrendMicro Officescan at the same time? I had a strange occurence where the timer would restart after only a few seconds. I could not detect any specific processes that would be interfering. Once I uninstalled TrendMicro, the timer worked fine. Let me know if anyone has had a similar problem. Thanks.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

We are currently checking into why OfficeScan may be resetting the PWB inactivity timer.

--Scott

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Upgrade to a newer versions of PWB (v2.05.2) which includes the following settings.

[Inactivity] ResetOnMouseMove=True
[Inactivity] ResetOnMouseButton=True
[Inactivity] ResetOnKeyboard=True

In order for the Inactivity timer to work with OfficeScan, set ResetOnMouseMove=False.

Read the ReadMe file for more information.

--Scott
Last edited by Scott on Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ScottW

Inactivity Timer and Officescan

Post by ScottW »

Scott,
I just grabbed that new version you posted and it looks like is fixed the problem I was having. I really appreciate you helping me out like this. I also noticed you added a bunch of other nice littel items in the INI. Kudos to you and your team for a tremendous job. I look forward to using this browser, and working with you in the future. I get a lot of help on these forums and will hopefully be attempting to help out others who may have had similar problems I did, or other issues. Thanks again, you are all doing an incredible job over there.

Scott R. Wurm
Patchogue-Medford Library
54-60 East Main Street
Patchogue, NY 11772
631-654-4700 ext. 293
Swurm@suffolk.lib.ny.us