Problem in 2.05 final was also in 2.04, but not 2.05 beta

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

Jaysun
Provider
Provider

Problem in 2.05 final was also in 2.04, but not 2.05 beta

Post by Jaysun »

This problem does not happen in Internet Explorer. It doesn't happen in the beta version of 2.05, but it does happen in 2.05 final and 2.04v4.

The error that pops up is "A runtime error has occured, do you wish to debug?" and it says the error is "Object doesn't support this property or method". When I debug, the runtime error happens on a line that states "simwindow.Playsomething();". The somthing depends on what chapter I am trying to open.

This error happens when running the Microsoft Interactive Training for Microsoft Office XP (MIT). When MIT opens to the home page, which has a table of contents, A browser window pops up with animated graphics and various controls (play, pause, next chapter, etc...). This windows is playing the intro on how to use MIT. If I close this animated window and then double-click on a chapter in the table of contents, this animated window should pop up again and play that chapter.
This works fine in IE, and 2.05 beta. In 2.04v4 and 2.05 final, the first animated windows opens fine, but once this window is closed, clicking on any of the chapters causes the error.

Any ideas? Am i just stuck using the 2.05beta?

Thanks much,

Jason
Jason Weinstein
Application Support Technicain
Eugene Public Library
Eugene, OR

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

What is the date of the EXE of PWB v2.05 that you are using?

There was not much changed in the last month of testing that would cause this type of error.

--Scott

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I recompiled PWB v2.05 and reposted it to the download page just in case there was a problem with the build. Please download PWB v2.05 upgrade and copy the new EXE over the old EXE and see if the problem still persists.

--Scott

Jaysun
Provider
Provider

Post by Jaysun »

The 2.05 release still has the same problem. The version that works fine is the 2.05 beta dated 3-10-04.
Jason Weinstein
Application Support Technicain
Eugene Public Library
Eugene, OR

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Is it possible to save enough of the pages to simulate the problem on a computer without using the CD? If so, could you zip the files and send them to Support@TeamSoftwareSolutions.com so I could do some testing with them.

Or is this tutorial available on the web somewhere?

--Scott