For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

spragers
Benefactor
Benefactor

Proxy override keyword?

Post by spragers »

Scott,

In a previous release INI file, in the [Overrides] section, there was an item listed as "Proxy=" _ I assumed this would turn off the proxy filter. However, in the recent release (2.05-1), the Proxy= entry is no longer there. Is there a way to use a keyword override to turn of the proxy filter?

Thanks,

Ben Sprague

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

What version was the proxy override in, I can not seem to find one?

The problem is once the Web Browser Control is loaded it will not re-read the proxy settings in the registry, so an override will not work. There are a add-on for PWB v1 that allowed you to choose using a proxy or not, I could certainly create that functionality for PWB 2. But this worked before the browser was fully loaded.

--Scott

Post by Guest »

Scott,

I have no idea what version it was from, as I've just been adding to the first version 2 INI file I had, with each new release.

There is a way for us to turn off the filter when a page is blocked, but it involves entering usernames and passwords, waiting for pop-up windows, and if a patron has the pop-up blocker turned off, the filter overrride doesn't work. I thought if there was a way to do it with a simple PWB override, it would make life easier, that's all :)

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I will see what I can do about adding it. I belive that the proxy is read when the IE Web Browser Control is loaded and not re-read again.

--Scott

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I posted PWB v2.05 release candidate 3 to the web site. This version contains a proxy disable override.

--Scott