can't print a word document opened in the pwb

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

sshepherd67
Observer
Observer

can't print a word document opened in the pwb

Post by sshepherd67 »

We have had several instances where we cannot print a word document that opens in pwb, an example is this link below. When you click on print, it never prints and eventually either goes to a not responding state or give the "server busy, retry, cancel" message. We are running Windows XP Pro sp1, Office 2003 sp3, IE 6 sp1 - all are patched and updated. It prints fine using IE, but not thru PWB. I downloaded the beta v2.05 with same results (not printing).

http://myportal.coppellisd.com/Applicat ... 034708d4fb

spragers
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by spragers »

Hi,

There's an anser to this problem a few posts down from this one, look for the one that starts with "server busy" in the topic. There's a fix listed. Hope that helps!

sshepherd67
Observer
Observer

Post by sshepherd67 »

Thanks. I actually had already read that post, but it was dealing with not being able to open a Word .doc inside PWB, rather than not being able to print it. We are able to open Word doc's fine, just periodically having problems printing them. I would rather not change our computers to open all doc's outside of the browser in Word, but find the solution as to why it prints ok from IE and not from PWB.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Do you have force print preview to true? The print preview is not available through the Internet Explorer web browser control when printing a Word document.

--Scott

sshepher

Post by sshepher »

That is exactly what is happening, I do have the force print preview turned on. Thanks so much!!!!