Cut, Copy and Paste buttons

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

Mike

Cut, Copy and Paste buttons

Post by Mike »

The cut copy and paste buttons will not work in the toolbar. I've enabled them in the ini file, and even enabled the edit menu to verify that it wasn't restrictions on the computer. The buttons are there, but greyed out. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Mike Driskell

Philip - Long Beach NY
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Philip - Long Beach NY »

I noticed that too. I haven't disabled the shortcut keys either. Works in the ContextMenu but not on the toolbars buttons.

Strange

P
Complexity is the enemy of security
-- Steve Gibson

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

This has been fixed in PWB v2.05 and in a modified version of PWB v2.04r4.

www.teamsoftwaresolutions.com/beta/PWBv204.zip

--Scott

LesH

Copy/paste

Post by LesH »

I am using 2.05 and having trouble with the copy and paste buttons... on some pages the buttons remain greyed out regardless of whether you have selected text on the screen or not. On other pages they work normally.

I have enabled the context menu; cut/paste ALWAYS works properly there.

Ideas? I don't really want to leave context menu enabled as it provides many options I don't want to leave available (unless I can limit the context menu?)

Les Honke
mts communications inc.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You can limit the context menu to only include the Cut, Copy, and Paste, items. Enable the custom context menu in the [Security] section, and set all the items in the [ContextMenu] section to false except the ones you need on the menu.

There seems to be a problem with the Cut/Copy/Paste buttons and menu items in PWB v2.05 that disable when the cursor is in a text box inside an ActiveX Control, or Java Applet. We are currently looking into this.

--Scott

LesH

Copy/paste

Post by LesH »

Works fine with custom context menu - thanks!

Not sure if the places where the buttons are broken are Java or Activex but they would certainly be one of those - some kind of fancy form.

L

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The Copy/Cut/Paste menu items and buttons should be fixed in this new version we are working on. Even though it is considrered a beta copy it only contains minor updates to PWB v2.05 and seems to be very stable.

www.teamsoftwaresolutions.com/beta/PWBv205r1.zip

Please let me know if this fixes the problem.

--Scott