opening PWB fully maximized

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

lmartin
Spectator
Spectator

Post by lmartin »

We use PWB here at my library on our OPAC's and on our public use computers. On the OPAC's it is the only thing that the patron can use and PWB open automatically and fully maximized. We also use it on our public use computers and it is one of three browsers they can use. When you open PWB it automatically r4e-directs to out online catalog, but it is in a very small window. Several of the staff would like for it to open fully maximized and I've attempted many things but I can not get it to stick.

Help!

Thanks,
Lee

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Do you have the following set in your INI file?

[Browser]
StartMaximized=True
WindowHeight=
WindowWidth=
WindowTop=
WindowLeft=

--Scott

Komputr
Observer
Observer

Post by Komputr »

We have recently started to experience this problem.

For the last three years we have used PWB loading it in full screen and kiosk mode (using your recommended settings in this thread) and having Windows updates run once a week during closed hours. We use Deep Freeze to force Win updates during this maintenance period and have not experienced issues in the past. We have not modified PWB or Deep Freeze in any way on these systems for over a year and since the last Windows update session we started experiencing problems TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE. I stress this because it was days later that the problem was brought to my attention so I can only guess at when the problem first appeared. It may or may not be related to windows Updates as I have removed the latest round of updates and the problem persists.

It is interesting to note however, that the problem appears inconsistently. Sometimes on boot PWB loads the way it is programmed but most of the time it opens in a smaller window with scroll bars and it is clearly in kiosk mode as the Start menu is not visible without exiting PWB.

Scott, I can send screen shots and our PWB.ini file if that would help with the diagnosis. These computers are running Windows XP Pro SP3 and IE8. Please let us know how this issue can be resolved.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Please send your INI and screen shots to support@teamsoftwaresolutions.com.

--Scott

AnthonyM
Provider
Provider

Post by AnthonyM »

I had this problem a few weeks ago after. Unfortunately I upgraded to SP3 along with a lot of other updates and upgraded to the newest version PWB and created a new INI file, so I'm not sure what caused the problem. I can tell you I fixed it by changing the batch file which launched it. I used to start the batch file minimized, so the patrons wouldn't see it. I ran it like that for years without a problem. I found the problem went away by not minimizing the bat file.

@echo off
start C:\PWB\PWB.exe /INI=C:\PWB\Catalog_Adult.ini
exit