OpenLinksInNewWindow

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

jakenned
Observer
Observer

OpenLinksInNewWindow

Post by jakenned »

When I set the OpenLinksInNewWindow=True in version 2.10, access is denied to all links that I try to open. When it is set to False, I can access some but not all links. There are many links in our databases which are configured to open in a new window; when clicking, I get the Restrictions notification: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your System Administrator". I need some help with this problem.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your System Administrator"
Unless you have your URL, or IP, filter message set to the above message this is usually caused by the following setting when trying to open a file type in the browser that needs to be downloaded first such as a Word DOC or Acrobat PDF file.

[Security]
DisableFileDownload=True

Set it to false to allow PWB to download the file to display it in the IE plug-in inside the PWB window.
When I set the OpenLinksInNewWindow=True
The above setting will open "all" links in a pop-up window, and is not recommended for normal browsing. If you have PWB limited to the number of windows it can open or have the new windows disabled this setting will not work as expected.

[Browser]
DisableNewWindow=True

[SecondWindow]
LimitCount=1

Setting disable new window to false will allow pop-up windows, and setting limit count to nothing ("") will not limit the number of windows PWB can open.

--Scott

jakenned
Observer
Observer

Post by jakenned »

Scott--
DisableFileDownload is already set to False and Limits are blank.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Send a copy of your INI file, and any filter files, as an attachment along with steps to reproduce the problem to support@teamsoftwaresolutions.com and we can take a look at your configuration.

--Scott

rhbrow
Participant
Participant

Re: OpenLinksInNewWindow

Post by rhbrow »

jakenned wrote:When I set the OpenLinksInNewWindow=True in version 2.10, access is denied to all links that I try to open. When it is set to False, I can access some but not all links. There are many links in our databases which are configured to open in a new window; when clicking, I get the Restrictions notification: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your System Administrator". I need some help with this problem.
The message "This operation has been cancelled..." looks like a group policy restriction. I have received this message several times due to GPO restrictions. If you're using GPOs a GPO restriction is probably causing this message.