For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

tsaman
Participant
Participant

Access Denied?

Post by tsaman »

Hello--

I'm using the url.txt file to allow only those sites I've added. Generally, this works well. However, when I attempt to email the results of an ebscohost search to myself (usually a pdf), I get the "access denied" window, but the email form does come up. When I go to transmit the form with my article as an attachment, once again I get the "access denied" and once again the browser seems to ignore it as the message is sent.

I've also noted that sometimes when I hit the back arrows in Ebscohost I get the "access denied" but the navigation works anyway. This doesn't bother me too much, but it would probably trouble the patrons.

Any insights or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

--mike
Michael J. Dargan
Technical Systems Administrator
Waterloo and Cedar Falls Public Libraries

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

If you are using PWB v2.09 or newer, use the following setting to determine what URL is causing the denial.

[Security]
DebugAccessString=True

This setting will pop-up a dialog with the URL that is being denied and the access string that is causing the denial.

--Scott

jakenned
Observer
Observer

Post by jakenned »

I set DebugAccessString=True. The only pop-up was "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact...." Did not get any pop-up dialog with any URL being denied.
--Judy

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

This is usually caused by the following setting when trying to open a file type in the browser that needs to be downloaded first such as a Word DOC or Acrobat PDF file.

[Security]
DisableFileDownload=True

Set it to false to allow PWB to download the file to display it in the IE plug-in inside the PWB window.

--Scott