Captcha - robot type not displaying in CEF

Questions and comments about currently under development PWB v3

Moderators: Tyler, Scott

dflinton
Observer
Observer

Captcha - robot type not displaying in CEF

Post by dflinton »

I have updated to the CEF a couple of updates behind, but just used the unregistered newest version locally on my desktop and it also displays the or doesn't display the 'not a robot' style checkbox.
the page I use, what I am currently using our PWB for inside terminal server is

https://pac.sals.edu/polaris/custom/sel ... 1033.0.0.3

This is the first time dealing with a captcha in our use, it maybe something I can tweak that i haven't in our current version or the newest version just not sure. If i find another site to test I will test it in the local version also to make sure its not something on that site.
Thank you
Don
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-03-04 092903.png
Screenshot 2022-03-04 092903.png (26.75 KiB) Viewed 9140 times

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Captcha - robot type not displaying in CEF

Post by Scott »

What do we click on to get the captcha box you are seeing?

This is the only thing we see on the page.
captcha1.JPG
captcha1.JPG (212.12 KiB) Viewed 9135 times
--Scott

dflinton
Observer
Observer

Post by dflinton »

That is what i see from my Brave browser. When I load that page with either the Chrome or 64 Chrome rendering engine downloads i get what I previously attached. Its a straight unzip and i run the pwb.exe from the folder . Probably doens't matter i load the page via some hops from our main site sspl.org using the search bar to get to the Catalog page, choose the Get a Library card link across the top and scroll down to see that missing captcha. We are running it on a 2012R2 server with Remote desktops services. Running it on my computer windows 10 21H2 with Comodo antivirus and with it disabled same result.

i will load the CEF pwb on a separate network separate computer and see if the results change.

Screenshot is my computer running the CEF 64 bit... the application page scrolling to the bottom not filling out any data.

Thanks, ill let you know .

Don
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-03-04 125431.png
Screenshot 2022-03-04 125431.png (121.42 KiB) Viewed 9131 times

dflinton
Observer
Observer

Post by dflinton »

https://support.google.com/recaptcha#6223828
https://support.google.com/recaptcha#6262736

I put the versions on a thumb drive put them on our public network different computers(Still win10) different network internally and externally, same result still showing the bad captcha.

The links above are the google links when it fails, what I see, I don't know if they are helpful, some info pertains to browser other info pertains to website host. Odd that you see it fine I can't.

To get the form to load initially on the terminal server version I had to allow via Internet Explorer (on the terminal server client) several sites in the trusted sites security settings
ecard.quipugroup.net
gstatic.com
fonts.gstatic.com
google.com
www.google.com
code.jquery.com
pac.sals.edu

That form/application wasn't loading until i added those to trusted sites. I didn't have to do that in my local settings in brave to have it work and i don't have the trusted sites loaded locally and the new unregistered versions load the form fine just not the captcha

Below is our url.txt - maybe the +all needs some URLS to add? or maybe the sites we need are commented out?
; see http://teamsoftwaresolutions.com/phpBB2 ... c.php?t=13 for more information.

+all
+javascript
+about:blank
; Potential deny-all-then-allow list below for testing, currently commented out...
;-all
;+javascript
;+about:blank
;+\\XXserverXX\Apps\PWBv3\
;+pac.sals.edu
;+.syndetics.com
;+.od-cdn.com
;+.bootstrapcdn.com
;+.stackmapintegration.com
;+.stackmap.com
;+z.moatads.com
;+gstatic.com
;+.librarything.com
;+maps.google.com
;+maps.gstatic.com
;+maps.googleapis.com
;+fonts.googleapis.com
;+.sspl.org
;+googletagmanager.com
;+cdn.jsdelivr.net
;+libraryh3lp.com
;+google-analytics.com
;+stats.g.doubleclick.net
Also just tried to add the sites to my local trusted sites and relaunch the unregistered version but didn't help the captcha display.

Thank you
Don

dflinton
Observer
Observer

Post by dflinton »

Scott,
Thank you for the help, though here you didn't get an answer the fact that it was working for you kept us looking. My coworkers google fu prevailed and found a solution you have had a while ago. I had only searched for captcha in the forums without any success. In any event it was [Security] and adding CheckUserAgent=True

Thanks again
Don

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Setting the following will also fix the issue.

[Browser]
UserAgentForce=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:68.0) Gecko Firefox/999.0

This effectively changes the user agent on when the recaptcha is requested.

--Scott