Kiosk Printing Flag

Questions and comments about currently under development PWB v3

Moderators: Tyler, Scott

R2D2
Observer
Observer

Kiosk Printing Flag

Post by R2D2 »

I see that the Chromium project has supported the --kiosk-printing flag for quite some time and it works well in Chrome for bypassing all print dialogs and enabling silent printing.

Is this something that is available in PWB V3 CEF? I tried the options in the INI file and tried adding the flag to the executable shortcut, but wasn't successful.

If this isn't currently available is it something that could be easily added? We utilize this for all of our receipt printers at the catalog stations to allow customers the option of printing a slip of paper with the book they are trying to find.

Thanks for your consideration and for this amazing browser!

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kiosk Printing Flag

Post by Scott »

Currently the --kiosk-printing flag is not supported in the Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF). CEF is always evolving so as soon as it is support PWB CEF will gain the functionality.

--Scott

R2D2
Observer
Observer

Post by R2D2 »

Thanks for the quick reply! My mistake, I totally overlooked that CEF was different from the default Chromium project.

Are there currently any work arounds for this that anyone knows of?

Thanks!

wpltechstaff
Spectator
Spectator

Post by wpltechstaff »

Hi all,

I have a similar use case - we would like to use PWB (CEF version) in an application that will be printing receipts. It works, but shows the dialog and users have to select the printer and hit print. Has there been any progress on a

Code: Select all

--kiosk-printing
equivalent for PWB/CEF?

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Try setting the following in your INI file.

[Printer]
ForcePrintPreview=True

--Scott