Questions and comments about currently under development PWB v3

Moderators: Tyler, Scott

JGonzales55
Observer
Observer

Specific Zoom Size - PWB v3.05.4 (CEF)

Post by JGonzales55 »

Hello all,

I am currently working on using PWB to display a web published google sheet that will display the staffing schedule for the day in portrait orientation on a 1920x1080 monitor. I am having a little bit of an issue with zoom though. When I changed the DefaultZoom setting in the INI I do not see a size difference between 350% and 399%. I do see a difference when I reach 400%. I am looking for a zoom size somewhere between 350% and 400%, but it seems like CEF is only zooming in notches like every 50% or so.. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this.

I have not tested with PWB v3.05.4 (IE) yet but I will this afternoon.

Happy Holidays,

John

JGonzales55
Observer
Observer

Re: Specific Zoom Size - PWB v3.05.4 (CEF)

Post by JGonzales55 »

Update here: I went ahead and downloaded a clean version of 3.05.4 (IE) and I was able to get granular zoom controls which is just what I needed since the content on this web page displays perfectly at 180% zoom. However, using IE it defaults when opening to zooming to the center of the web page rather than the top left where all the content is (like Chrome). Attached is a screenshot showing this issue. Another interesting thing I noticed in testing is when visiting this webpage in IE (not PWB) and zooming in the page has responsive design to prevent scroll bars, I'm not sure what setting may be blocking that in PWB.

I am more than happy to supply the URL to Scott privately for testing.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (123.88 KiB) Viewed 8584 times

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

PWB CEF uses the Chrome HTML Rendering engine where the zoom is a scale factor, and PWB IE uses the Internet Explorer where the zoom level is a percentage. Because PWB v3 can open either a CEF window, or an IE window, PWB attempts to approximate the CEF scale factor as a percentage with the following formula.

Code: Select all

INT nZoom = INT((m_nZoomLevel * 25) + 100);
So the "zoom" reported in PWB CEF is not a true percentage and should be used as only a guide.

--Scott

JGonzales55
Observer
Observer

Post by JGonzales55 »

Scott,

Understood. Thank you.

John