URL to allow credit card payments

Questions and comments about currently under development PWB v3

Moderators: Tyler, Scott

bboydston
Observer
Observer

URL to allow credit card payments

Post by bboydston »

Our OPAC has the ability for patrons to login to their account and pay fines online with a credit card. I have a URL.txt file that has been working up until a few days ago. Now the form for the patron to enter their credit card information will not fully load and this message appears
A connection error has occurred. Please try your request again or contact customer service.

And then
The payment server could not process the information. The connection to the payment server could not be maintained. Please try again.

Sirsidynix says that these URLs need to be allowed and they are unaware of any change to what is required
bcp.bc.sirsidynix.net
protectpay.propay.com

They are in my URL.txt file. In the INI file I have
WriteHistoryFile=True
TrackURL=True
LogAccess=True

DebugAccessString=True

But I am not getting a message about what URL has been denied nor is there anything in the History.txt. If I try to go to another website that is not allowed, I am getting the URL of what is being denied. I tried the FilterCheck Utility and that did not shed any light on the problem either. This is only occurring with PWB. If I use another browser on the same computers, the form loads correctly. I am at a loss for how to make this work.

I am supplying the URL of our OPAC and a test account because you can't get to this page unless you are logged into an account. If you login you should come to the page showing that the test account owes $10.50. If you check the box to Accept Terms and then click PayNow you will get to the form to fill in your credit Card information. This is where it is failing.
URL http://mount2.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_U ... ount$003f/

Barcode: 26242000777738
PIN: 1990

Thanks for any help.
Becky

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: URL to allow credit card payments

Post by Scott »

What version of PWB v3 are you using including the minor revision number and rendering engine, for example "3.05.0 CEF"?

--Scott

bboydston
Observer
Observer

Post by bboydston »

Thanks,
Becky

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Are you using the Chrome version of PWB (CEF), or the Internet Explorer version of PWB (IE)?

--Scott

bboydston
Observer
Observer

Post by bboydston »

I'm pretty sure it is IE, but I don't see where to find out which one for sure.
Thanks,
Becky

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

If there is a folder name "locales" in the PWB folder then you are using the Chrome version, otherwise you are using the IE version.

Please send a copy of your INI file as an attachment to supprt@teamsoftwaresolutions.com.

--Scott

bboydston
Observer
Observer

Post by bboydston »

There is no locales folder so yes we are using IE. I will send you the INI file.

I have confirmed that SirsiDynix made some change recently to the hosted payment page to maintain PCI compliance but they can't tell me why I'm having a problem. I tried changing CheckURLAccess=False in the INI file and am still getting an error on the page. So now I'm wondering if the version I'm using is just incompatible with the payment page. Maybe we need to update to the latest version or switch to CEF.

Thanks,
Becky

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

There seems to be an incompatibility issue with the Internet Explorer Web Browser Control PWB IE uses for all its HTML rendering and the web site.

The Chrome version of PWB, PWB CEF does not have the same issue.

--Scott