Questions and comments about currently under development PWB v3

Moderators: Tyler, Scott

MasseyRob
Contributor
Contributor

PWBv3 IE windows 10 not allowing a Javascript popup

Post by MasseyRob »

Hi all

We have just updated our catalogue computers from Windows 7 machines to brand new Windows 10 machines, and with the move, we have gone from PWBv2 to v3 IE. We (thought we had done thorough testing prior to rollout, but as it turns out, we have found a bad problem that has occurred as part of the upgrade.

We use Innovative's Encore for our catalogue. We had spent quite some time getting Encore to work with PWBv2, especially around logout and requesting of books as there is a javascript popup that was causing issues. This was operating nicely with Windows 7 and PWBv2, but our move to Windows 10 and v3 has brought this issue up again. Now, when we click the Request button, it starts to bring out the javascript popup window, but it only comes out about a 1/4 the way then completely disappears.

I have tested this on an old catalogue computer running Windows 7/IE9 and PWBv3.04.5 and 3.05 beta, and it works fine on this computer. I have installed PWBv3.04.5 and 3.05 beta and 3.04.5 CEF on my Windows 10 desktop, and I get the same thing happen as the new catalogue machine. Internet Explorer works fine with this.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this/how I can fix this? We are trying to avoid rolling back to PWBv2 as we need the use of tabbed browsing as we also have a booking room site on the catalogue computers also.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PWBv3 IE windows 10 not allowing a Javascript popup

Post by Scott »

It is actually a problem with Encore and Internet Explorer 11.

https://www.teamsoftwaresolutions.com/f ... 004&p=7259

--Scott

MasseyRob
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MasseyRob »

Scott wrote:It is actually a problem with Encore and Internet Explorer 11.

https://www.teamsoftwaresolutions.com/f ... 004&p=7259

--Scott
Hi Scott

Thanks for that. Sorry I didn't see it before then. As we are using PWB 3.05 Beta so we can have resizable tabs and set focus tabs, we have gone with the IEBrowserEmulation workaround, and will hold off going to CEF until 3.05 is available.

Thanks again for your help with this :)

Cheers

Rob

northbayteky
Provider
Provider

Post by northbayteky »

We just upgraded our online library card application and it doesn't display in the user profile but it does display in the admin profile.

https://ecard.snap.lib.ca.us/index.php?do=english

Is this related to the issues with IE11? Or do I need to make a change to the user profile?

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

If it displays in the admin profile and not the user profile it is most likely a Windows permission issue.

--Scott