Questions and comments about currently under development PWB v3

Moderators: Tyler, Scott

npk13
Observer
Observer

PWB 3 CEF Zoom problems

Post by npk13 »

Hi,

I'm having difficulty with PWB CEF 3.0.4.5 in that I can't change the DefaultZoomLevel INI setting
I've tried DefaultZoomLevel=150 & DefaultZoomLevel=1.5 (and many more besides) but I can't seem to make the fonts bigger in the page http://m.ncl.ac.uk/lib/?view=topac

Are there any other prerequisite settings that affect zoom levels?

I have also tried enabling the zoom buttons in the ShowNavigationBar=True, + [Buttons]Zoom=True but they are missing even though other home, fwd+back buttons appear as expected.

The only zoom I can seem to get working is the ShowToolbar=True + AppZoom=True but individual buttons would be preferred since the screens are touchscreens.

I've included my INI file (with registration removed)

Please can you help?

Thanks,

Paul.
Attachments
PWBTopac4-noregistration.zip
(2.32 KiB) Downloaded 397 times

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PWB 3 CEF Zoom problems

Post by Scott »

The home page (http://m.ncl.ac.uk/lib/?view=topac) is navigating twice before finishing and there is a bug in the initial zoom function in the PWB CEF that does not account for this. The initial zoom is being divided by 100 for each navigation of the home page before the home page is finished loading.

As a work around use a larger number for the initial zoom. For example since the home page above navigates twice, use a factor of 10000 for the zoom.

[Browser]
DefaultZoomLevel=50000

Using 50000 will give a zoom factor of 5 in the example (50000/100/100).

--Scott

npk13
Observer
Observer

Post by npk13 »

Thanks for the reply Scott.

I have just tested 50000, 100000, 150000 and the font isn't changing in size at all. (still 5mm on these screens) Is there another setting affecting this?

Thanks,

Paul.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Sorry, you will need to use PWB version 3.05.0 RC1 for this functionality which currently available on the Beta Downloads page.

Please note, PWB version 3.05.0 RC2 corrects the issue when the home page navigates more than once.

--Scott
Attachments
zoom.png
zoom.png (52.02 KiB) Viewed 8225 times

npk13
Observer
Observer

Post by npk13 »

Hi Scott,

Am using beta 3.0.5.0 R2 and DefaultZoomLevel=150 works perfectly. Thanks for all your tireless updating & patching. You rock! 8)