RestartOnClose Issue

Questions and comments about currently under development PWB v3

Moderators: Tyler, Scott

AnthonyM
Provider
Provider

RestartOnClose Issue

Post by AnthonyM »

I am moving from PWB2 to PWB 3.0.4.3 IE and I am having in issue with RestartOnClose. Basically the first time PWB is run, RestartOnClose=True does not work. If the user closes the window, it stays closed. If I reopen PWB, RestartOnClose=True works fine. If the user closes the the window, it re-starts.

It doesn't seem to matter if I start PWB with a login script or manually, the first time its opened RestartOnClose does not work. All subsequent times its opened, it works fine. We are not having this issue with PWB2.

Any ideas?

-------------------------------------------
Edit 1:
After further testing I found that RestartOnClose=True fails the first time it is run on a profile. After that, even after rebooting, it seems to work. The problem is my catalogs do not retain their user profile between reboots. Can this be fixed without having to setup persistent profiles on all the catalogs? Thanks.
-------------------------------------------
Edit 2:
After even more testing I found that PWB 3 makes a small change the registry the first time it is run. To get around this issue, I have a script import the following reg file to the registry before running PWB. So far it seems to resolve the issue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TeamSoftware Solutions]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TeamSoftware Solutions\PWB]
"App_Handle"=dword:00000000
"App_Handle64"="0"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TeamSoftware Solutions\PWB\Settings]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: RestartOnClose Issue

Post by Scott »

Thank you for the information.

Are you using PWB in Secure Mode?

--Scott

AnthonyM
Provider
Provider

Post by AnthonyM »

Yes, we are running PWB in SecureMode.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

In Secure Mode PWB is trying to access the following specific Registry value in order to exit and restart.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TeamSoftware Solutions\PWB\App_ExitSecureMode

This is written to shortly after PWB starts, and read just before exiting when in Secure Mode. If the Registry key in not available when PWB starts, PWB will be unable to set the value which will prevent it from restarting.

By creating the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TeamSoftware Solutions\PWB" key with a script before running PWB will fix the restart on close in secure mode when removing the profiles between restarts.

Thank you for the information you provided. We will keep this cataloged just in case this scenario crops up again.

--Scott