URL redirect and PWBExecute

Questions and comments about currently under development PWB v3

Moderators: Tyler, Scott

phillipbrickner
Contributor
Contributor

URL redirect and PWBExecute

Post by phillipbrickner »

Do these work with PWB3? I would really like to get away from the old engine for PWB2. Also how does Kiosk mode work and having to enter a password to close pwb? It also seems like Java is not working at all. Thanks

EDIT I might just be having problems in the chrome version. I will update with my findings.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: URL redirect and PWBExecute

Post by Scott »

For the JavaScript, if you are using the PWB URL filters ensure you are allowing JavaScript by adding the following to your URL filter file.

+JavaScript
+About:Blank

The "PWBExecute" functionality is IE specific and will not work with the Chrome version of PWB.

--Scott

phillipbrickner
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. That was super fast!

I am also getting an active x security warning at top where I can right click and allow blocked content but I want it to automatically.

Also do re directs work with PWB3? I loved that add on for version2 it was really useful in bringing people back from sites like facebook and the likes.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The security warning is comping from Internet Explorer. Use the Control Panel applet Internet Options to allow for ActiveX controls.

Just so we are on the same page, which settings in the PWB v2 INI are you referring to in regards to the redirects? We can add this to our to do list for PWB v3 Basic.

--Scott

phillipbrickner
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry I haven't replied I was tied up with another project.

Here is the code from pwb v2 it was under [Files].

CheckURLRedirectFile=C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSoftware Solutions\Public Web Browser v2\URLDirect.txt

phillipbrickner
Contributor
Contributor

I am having some trouble still displaying a page that worked on ie9 and pwb2. It is a local page.
I attached a zip file with the local web page to see if it works with your pwb3.
Attachments
localpage.zip
(2.38 KiB) Downloaded 683 times

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

PWB v3 Basic does not have the Dynamic External Java Commands functionality of PWB v2.

JavaScript:window.external.PWBExecute

Since we incorporated the Chrome HTML rendering engine into PWB v3 which does not support this, the functionality was left out.

--Scott

Trenton
Spectator
Spectator

Post by Trenton »

Scott...

Is this also true of the PWB v3.04.2 basic (IE) which uses the Internet Explorer Rendering Engine?

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

It is true PWB v3 current does not support the PWB v2 Dynamic External Java Commands functionality. PWB v3 IE and PWB v3 CEF share the same code base, just use different rendering engines.

It was never very popular so we did not include it. If there is enough demand we can add it to our to do list for PWB v3.

--Scott

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Starting with PWB Version 3.05.0 12-02-2016, the Dynamic External Java Commands are supported.

--Scott