Compatibility Mode and Policy

Questions and comments about currently under development PWB v3

Moderators: Tyler, Scott

Thomas
Contributor
Contributor

Compatibility Mode and Policy

Post by Thomas »

We currently have PWB3 IE auto opening with the Accept/Decline policy dialog appearing first.
Activity Timer is enabled and restarts the browser when it is closed.

I am looking to enable the Compatibility button, but during my testing have found that when you click the Compatibility button it opens a new instance of PWB which then displays the Policy dialog again. Since we have the Activity Timer action set to restart, you are unable to close the compatibility session.

Is it possible to have the compatibility button open a new tab or window instead of a whole new instance of PWB, or could the new instance of PWB use a different ini file eliminating the policy setting?

Let me know if this makes sense or if you need any additional information.
Thanks-
Tom

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Compatibility Mode and Policy

Post by Scott »

The compatibility button sets a Windows registry setting and opens a new instance of PWB that is unaware of the other instance of PWB.

You best option may be to use the "Application Launch" from the Downloads page to display a policy and start PWB without its own policy dialog. This way the new instance of PWB will not have the policy.

http://www.teamsoftwaresolutions.com/files/Launch.zip

Or use the "Launch" application from the Beta Downloads page, same thing but better.

http://www.teamsoftwaresolutions.com/be ... h_1031.zip

Or just use PWB CEF without the IE compatibility issues.

--Scott

Thomas
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Thomas »

Thanks for the info Scott, that is exactly what I am looking for!

I would love to use the CEF version and did try it, but we ran into a multitude of printing problems.
From background colors & images not appearing, fonts being converted into weird characters, etc.

Once the printing issues are implemented/resolved, I definitely plan on moving back to this.

For the Launch application, is there a way to remove or hide the Password field?
Thanks-
Tom

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Using Launch 1.03.1 edit the interface file and remove the password element.

[General]
Interface=Interface.htm

--Scott

Thomas
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Thomas »

Thanks Scott!

I realized I also forgot to remove " onload="password.focus()" from the Body tag as well.
If I didn't remove this I was getting a JavaScript error since it was still trying to run an empty command.