Questions and comments about currently under development PWB v3

Moderators: Tyler, Scott

rumpus02
Observer
Observer

PDF Creator Print Save Dialogue Box Issue

Post by rumpus02 »

Hello,

We have a machine running PWBv3 that is hooked up to a scanner for users to scan software. We do this by creating a shelf icon in PWB for a scanning program. This works fine, but the scanning software does not support PDF export. To allow PDF export, we installed PDF creator for them to print to in order to save their documents as PDFs, and this is where the PWB issue comes in...

The PDF creator save prompt appears behind PWB, so users cannot access the save options. PDF creator has an "auto-save" function, but since the machine is in Kiosk mode, users can't get into windows explorer or know where the auto-save location is even set.

I found a similar thread from 2008 (http://www.teamsoftwaresolutions.com/fo ... lit=behind), but the only solution viable mentioned is to use hideGUI and set PWB to always be the bottom-most window.

My first question is this: If we launch an application from the shelf of PWB and it runs on top of PWB, does that mean PWB is set as the bottom most window? I know I can check the settings, but I ask because apps launched from the PWB shelf run on top of PWB fine, yet the save/print dialogue runs behind.

Thanks.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PDF Creator Print Save Dialogue Box Issue

Post by Scott »

My first question is this: If we launch an application from the shelf of PWB and it runs on top of PWB, does that mean PWB is set as the bottom most window? I know I can check the settings, but I ask because apps launched from the PWB shelf run on top of PWB fine, yet the save/print dialogue runs behind.
No. The Always On Bottom functionality needs to be set specifically in PWB.

[Browser]
AlwaysOnBottom=True

An application running in Windows without a title bar and full screen will be by default on top of other other windows. This how the kiosk mode works in PWB. However not all Windows applications can account for this and run underneath the full screen window, thus we added the ability for PWB to always be on the bottom.

--Scott