Features in V3

Questions and comments about currently under development PWB v3

Moderators: Tyler, Scott

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Jreinard wrote:Scott,

I was wondering if ConfirmClose could be changed slightly.

PWB 2 has ConfirmCloseMultipleWindows

I would love to have that same feature in pwb 3.

Can it be done?

Thanks for Everything!
Jesse
PWB v3 does this by default when you try to close the main window and there are multiple windows open.

--Scott

Jreinard
Provider
Provider

Post by Jreinard »

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't ask the right question.

Is there a way to have PWB 3 only come up with the closeconfirm when there are multiple windows or tabs open?

The way it is now, it comes up no matter what. Even if there is just one window open.

PWB 2 only shows the confirm when more than one window is open, but if a single window is open, it simply closes.

Thanks!
Jesse

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The confirm close confirms every time you close PWB no matter the Window count. However to be nice and avoid confusion, PWB will ask if you want to close all the Windows when closing the main window if there are multiple windows open regardless.

If you want PWB to confirm close only on multiple Windows, and not every time, disable the confirm close setting in the INI file.

--Scott

Jreinard
Provider
Provider

Post by Jreinard »

Now I understand, Thank you for everything!
sorry for asking so many times.
Thanks!
Jesse

rolson
Spectator
Spectator

Re: Features in V3

Post by rolson »

Is there a way to have PWB allow new windows without having the new button present? I have a certain page with a link that opens a new window, but I don't want people being able to click the New button and opening tons of windows.

Right now I have
[Buttons]
New=True

I have tried this combination in an effort to get new windows without the button, but that doesn't allow new windows either.
[Security]
DisableContextMenu=True
[ContextMenu]
OpenLinkNew=True

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Disabling the button but allowing new windows is by far the most asked about aspect of PWB v3.

The next beta version being uploaded tomorrow will have this option.

--Scott

Jreinard
Provider
Provider

Post by Jreinard »

Hello again, Scott.

We've just deployed PWB3 here and it seems to be working well so far. A patron asked about a 'Go' button by the address bar instead of hitting 'Enter.' It can be made available in PWB2 by adding ShowGoButton=True under [Browser].

Thank you for your assistance.
Jesse

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Thank you for the request, I will add it to out to do list.

--Scott

Jreinard
Provider
Provider

Post by Jreinard »

Hello, Scott.

Many of our patrons require the assistance of zooming in while browsing the Web, but the zoom level resets when they open a new tab or window. Is there a way to retain the zoom level you have set on one instance of PWB3 when you open a new tab or window?

Additionally, some have asked for the buttons to be re-ordered in the menu bar. I believe that this could be done in PWB2 by re-arranging their order in .ini file, but it doesn't seem to work for PWB3. Is there a way to do this as well?

Thank you for your help,

-Jesse

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I added retaining zoom level to our to do list.

As far as the button order, in PWB v2 you can rename or remove the buttons on the toolbars but it is not possible to adjust the order of the buttons. It is possible to change the order on the PWB v2 Shellbar, but PWB v3 does not have a Shellbar yet.

What would be the preferred order of the buttons?

--Scott

Jreinard
Provider
Provider

Post by Jreinard »

Well, what we really want is the address bar on its own separate row beneath the buttons. When we enable the grippers and re-order the elements, they reset when the user closes PWB. Here's a screenshot of how we would like it to look and stay.

Furthermore, there was a setting in PWB2, [Browser]DisableCtrlEnter=False, that we would like to have again for PWB3.

Thank you for your time.

-Jesse
Attachments
PWB Address Bar.jpg
PWB Address Bar.jpg (64.44 KiB) Viewed 15163 times

Jreinard
Provider
Provider

Post by Jreinard »

Additionally, it has just come to our attention that key commands (Ctrl+C, Ctrl+F, Ctrl+P, etc.) do not work unless their corresponding buttons are enabled in the ini file. We have certain buttons disabled in order to prevent an excess of them in the top bar. Would it be possible to separate the functions of the key commands from their buttons?

Thanks again.
-Jesse

P.S. Happy New Year! Thank you for all the assistance this past year.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Jreinard wrote:Well, what we really want is the address bar on its own separate row beneath the buttons. When we enable the grippers and re-order the elements, they reset when the user closes PWB. Here's a screenshot of how we would like it to look and stay.

Furthermore, there was a setting in PWB2, [Browser]DisableCtrlEnter=False, that we would like to have again for PWB3.

Thank you for your time.

-Jesse
Setting the following in version 3.03.4 will put the Address bar on its own line.

[Toolbars]
ToolBarBreak=True

I will add the DisableCtrlEnter to our to do list.

--Scott

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Jreinard wrote:Additionally, it has just come to our attention that key commands (Ctrl+C, Ctrl+F, Ctrl+P, etc.) do not work unless their corresponding buttons are enabled in the ini file. We have certain buttons disabled in order to prevent an excess of them in the top bar. Would it be possible to separate the functions of the key commands from their buttons?

Thanks again.
-Jesse

P.S. Happy New Year! Thank you for all the assistance this past year.
I will add separating the shortcut keys from the buttons to our to do list.

Please note this will take a while to implement as in PWB v3 we removed the redundant menu which allowed for this functionality on PWB v2.

--Scott

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Scott wrote:
Jreinard wrote:Well, what we really want is the address bar on its own separate row beneath the buttons. When we enable the grippers and re-order the elements, they reset when the user closes PWB. Here's a screenshot of how we would like it to look and stay.

Thank you for your time.

-Jesse
Setting the following in version 3.03.4 will put the Address bar on its own line.

[Toolbars]
ToolBarBreak=True

I will add the DisableCtrlEnter to our to do list.

--Scott
We added the following to PWB version 3.03.5.

[Browser]
DisableCtrlEnter=False

--Scott