Simple Editor

General TSS software questions and comments.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, General Moderator

Philip - Long Beach NY
Benefactor
Benefactor

Simple Editor

Post by Philip - Long Beach NY »

Does Simple Editor open/save word documents from an email attachment? Can you save documents to a floppy? I'm trying to see if Editor is a candidate to replace Word cause patrons can still open IE windows if they simply type www.yahoo.com, press enter and click on the link. It wouldn't take long before some of them would figure out how to turn back on the hyperlinking from within MS Word's options menu. Which brings to my next question. Does Simple Editor allow insertion of hyperlinks? (I hope not - heheh) :mrgreen:

Thanks ,

Philip
Complexity is the enemy of security
-- Steve Gibson

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The Simple Editor will not open Word Documents, only Rich Text Files.

If you want to keep IE fomr opening, try ManageIE from the TSS download page.

--Scott

Philip - Long Beach NY
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Philip - Long Beach NY »

I was going to try ManageIE but I thought that it severely degrades Internet access speeds. Plus, I thought ManageIE covers all profiles, meaning it will effect all user accounts. I need to be able to access IE if I'm in an Administrators account. If I'm wrong about any of this please tell me. :shock: :mrgreen:

P.S. I am using SetPWB to keep users from saving HTML files to a floppy and then launching them from the disk, which opens IE. Like I said before, it's only a matter of time before they figure out that if they type a web address in Word they can also launch IE - even if I turn off hyperlinking they will find out how to turn it back on.

..thanks Scott :P
Complexity is the enemy of security
-- Steve Gibson

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

It does not affect internet access speed at all. Since ManageIE is an IE BHO, the only time ManageIE is active is when IE runs, and it simply tells IE to close.

It is possible to have the Administrator account not affected by ManagIE, it is in the read me.

If you need help with ManageIE, please email Support@TeamSoftwareSolutions.com.

--Scott