PWB version for Linux?

How can we make our software better?

Moderators: Tyler, Scott

tabwebmaster
Spectator
Spectator

PWB version for Linux?

Post by tabwebmaster »

I have been looking for something as nice as PWB that would work on Linux systems. I haven't been able to find anything. Would you consider porting PWB to Linux?

If not, would you have any good recommendations? All I need is something that will lock down everything and present only the browser with a back, forward, home, refresh, stop. I work at a public library and I have been tasked with finding something that would work for the public card catalog machines. I am going to install Ubuntu 5.10 on all of them but I need a PWB that will work with Linux.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be much appreciated. If anyone here has ever used Linux for their card catalog machines I'd love to hear how you did it.

Thanks,
Mark

spragers
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by spragers »

I don't want to speak for Scott, but seeing as how PWB uses the Internet Explorer web browser control, I don't see how that would even be possible...

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

PWB does indeed use Internet Explorer. You may be able to use PWB in a Windows virtual machine in Linux, but then you may as well be running windows.

--Scott

shamonde
Spectator
Spectator

Re: PWB version for Linux?

Post by shamonde »

If not, would you have any good recommendations? All I need is something that will lock down everything and present only the browser with a back, forward, home, refresh, stop. I work at a public library and I have been tasked with finding something that would work for the public card catalog machines. I am going to install Ubuntu 5.10 on all of them but I need a PWB that will work with Linux

We offer up to date exam practice questions with test king self-paced test engine to help you pass exam and complete your ccent course you should also find Sterling College wireless training for your complete University of Kansas