How can we make our software better?

Moderators: Tyler, Scott

GregP
Benefactor
Benefactor

INI Updater

Post by GregP »

Hi Scott,

Just wanted to make a suggestion for a simple yet very helpful addition to your setup.

With each new edition of PWB we are updating a variety of INI files to add the new settings in. And since I'm guessing you've already got a lot of code for file parsing it would be pretty simple to add some sort of update utility for the INIs. It would leave all the values we use alone and just add the new settings with default values.

Even a simple command line utility to hit one INI file at a time would be cool, or maybe all INI's in a particular directory.

Just a suggestion.....

GregP

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

GregP,

Check out this utility. It includes a list of the new INI keys, and can update any INI to the current version starting with v2.04.

http://www.teamsoftwaresolutions.com/fi ... Update.zip

It is listed on our Download page.

--Scott

GregP
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by GregP »

Thanks Scott,

I shall now slink away :oops: and actually pay attention to what you already offer. :lol:

Ta,

GregP

amutch
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by amutch »

Scott,

I tried this for migrating to 2.09 from 2.07. While it appeared to add most of the new options, it didn't update the INIFileVersion so that all of the browsers were complaining about having the wrong version of the INI. Any ideas on why that might have happened? Otherwise, great utility!

Andrew

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You wouldn't happen to have a pre-updated 2.07 INI file that I can test it on? If so, send one to support@teamsoftwaresolutions.com

--Scott