How can we make our software better?

Moderators: Tyler, Scott

spragers
Benefactor
Benefactor

Method for handling new windows

Post by spragers »

Scott,

Just one thing I'd like to bring to view. On our Web catalog (webcat.winnefox.org), our Library system is now offering extra content from Syndetics. PWB doesn't like this that well. When it opens a new window to display a list of available content (i.e. summaries, front cover images, reviews), the web catalog spawns a new window, and then - for some strange reason - reloads the search results window. The result in PWB is that the new window is opened, then the original search screen reloads and becomes the current window, and the Syndetics window disappears behind the first. I tried setting the second window to always be on top - this works for the first Syndetics window, but then (and I think I could just strangle the deisgner LOL) each further choice spawns ANOTHER popup window, which ends up getting placed BEHIND the second window.

I'm just wondering if you have any ideas on how to deal with this type of content?

Thanks!

cmegal
Observer
Observer

Scott, any suggestions?

Post by cmegal »

I have this same issue.
Thanks,
Corey

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

We are pleased to announce we have a fix for the PWB problem with focus and Syndetics.

http://www.teamsoftwaresolutions.com/beta/PWBv207r3.zip

Please feel free to test it and let me know if it works for your site. If we do not find any bugs in this version we will be officially releasing it by May 30, 2005.

Thank you for your patients.

--Scott