Let them have it - once

How can we make our software better?

Moderators: Tyler, Scott

azecraze
Participant
Participant

Let them have it - once

Post by azecraze »

One thing I would like to see is the abilty to give privileged users the ability to bypass urltxt "this one time only", or "for a preset time" or for "this site only" or even partial unlocking based on user credentials. I guess this is heading toward user accounts.

The problem is that I have clients wanting to access content that is being blocked for no good reason, mainly because the urltxt file needs tweaking.
This causes a problem when I am not on site, and someone needs to access something urgently. So I want to be able to quickly give access where needed.

I would envisage something like this:
The client is presented with the "Access Denied" dialog.
This dialog has an incremental number value showing on it somewhere that is linked to a password table. (Every time the Access Denied dialog opens, the number is increased by 1)
I see the number is now "42" so I look up my PW table I have with me, and this number corresponds to pw "letmein". (42=letmein)

Enter this PW into a space provided on the Access Denied dialog and click the "Release" button also provided.
This url is now released and can be accessed for this one time, or for 1hour etc.

This site url is also entered into a "released.log" so during scheduled maint, I can pick up these urls.

Also the ability to display or hide this releasing capability on the dialog.
Aze1

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I will put this on our list for a future enhancement.

In the current version of PWB there is a filters override that will toggle the filters on and off. This may be a decent work around until we can get the suggested enhancement added.

[Overrides]
DisableFilters=

--Scott

azecraze

Post by azecraze »

Thankyou - I will download the latest vn and give that a go until future mods.

waqas123
Spectator
Spectator

Re: Let them have it - once

Post by waqas123 »

One thing I would like to see is the abilty to give privileged users the ability to bypass urltxt "this one time only", or "for a preset time" or for "this site only" or even partial unlocking based on user credentials. I guess this is heading toward user accounts.

The problem is that I have clients wanting to access content that is being blocked for no good reason, mainly because the urltxt file needs tweaking.
This causes a problem when I am not on site, and someone needs to access something urgently. So I want to be able to quickly give access where needed. :cry: 8) :oops: :arrow: