Moderators: Tyler, Scott

Anthonyjm

Inactivity Event

Post by Anthonyjm »

I am thrilled the 2.06 beta has:

[Inactivity] ResetOnMouseMove=True
[Inactivity] ResetOnMouseButton=True
[Inactivity] ResetOnKeyboard=True

There is only one other feature I can see that would make the Inactivity section better. Can you allow people to enter custom InactivityAction events? Perhaps we could enter a bat or exe filename.

If not, it would be great if you could add the option to close all other programs and set PWB back the homepage(or restart it). Essentially resetting the computer for a new user. (That would make an exellent utility btw)

Thanks and I really can't say enough about how great a product this is.

Anthony

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You can use the "restart" option for the timers and the shutdown script to run any application that is needed.

What I found works well is using the "exit" option and the restart on close in the security section.

--Scott

AnthonyM
Provider
Provider

Thanks, but there is a problem

Post by AnthonyM »

Thanks for the quick reply, but there are some problems.

First, for Exit to work I have to set
DisableExit=False

While it opens back up rather quickly, patrons can still Alt-F4 to the desktop for a couple of seconds.

But I can live with that. What is much more of a problem is after the browser restarts, the override combo (crt-alt-shift-insert) stops working.

Also the
InactivityStartOnOpen=False
Doesn't seem to be working because I can sit back and watch it reboot continually. My guess is it is because my home page uses frames. So after the main page loads, the subpages load.
Could there be a setting related to the mouse and keyboard movements... InactivityStartOnActivity perhaps? Thanks for the help.

Anthony
Correction, every so often the override combo does work after a restart. Maybe 1 out of 4 restarts?
Another correction: If I exit with Alt-F4, the combo works on restart and all subsequent restarts. Even on the restarts after it exits on idle.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I will have to check on the exit option. Even when disable exit is set to true the timer with the exit option should override it.

--Scott