splash screen

How can we make our software better?

Moderators: Tyler, Scott

splash screen

Post by Guest »

In the older version of PWB there was a splash screen that would come up as the browser was loading. Is there one for the latest version? I load the browser from a network drive and there is always a span of time between the os loading up and the browser opening up in kiosk mode. It would be nice if there was a splash screen so student dont try and open programs up while the browser is loading.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

There is not a splash screen in PWB v2, but I will go ahead and add one.

--Scott

Post by Guest »

Scott wrote:There is not a splash screen in PWB v2, but I will go ahead and add one.

--Scott
Wonderful.. Thank you.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I added a splash screen to PWB v2.06. To enable it add a /S to the command line.

http://www.teamsoftwaresolutions.com/beta/PWBv206.zip

I have it loading as soon as possible in PWB, but I am wondering if it loads soon enough to make a difference. Please let me know if it loads fast enough.

--Scott

Post by Guest »

I am probably asking for the world right now but is it possible to have the splash screen initiate from the ini file. The reason i ask is that both the executable and ini file reside on a network drive and the workstations have a shortcut in the startup folder pointing to the network exe. With this switch it means I would have to go to each station, thaw it , (as I am running Deepfreeze) requiring a reboot, edit the shortcut with the /s switch then reboot back into a frozen state. Not so bad when there are just a few machines but when you have lots it can get time consuming.

Thanks again.

Rene

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You are not asking to much, in fact I wish more people would ask for more. I added a show splash screen setting to the INI in PWB v2.06 dated 10-23-04.

http://www.teamsoftwaresolutions.com/beta/PWBv206.zip

Please let me know if this works as expected.

--Scott

Philip - Long Beach NY
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Philip - Long Beach NY »

Rene,
What version of DF are you using? I believe Faronics' Enterprise edition allows you to thaw and reboot multiple pc's from a single administrator's machine, so you don't have to go around and reboot each workstation.

Phil
Complexity is the enemy of security
-- Steve Gibson

Post by Guest »

Philip - Long Beach NY wrote:Rene,
What version of DF are you using? I believe Faronics' Enterprise edition allows you to thaw and reboot multiple pc's from a single administrator's machine, so you don't have to go around and reboot each workstation.

Phil
Philip,

I am using the enterprise version of deepfreeze and it sure saves a lot of time.