For general issues related to PWB v1.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott

exec
Spectator
Spectator

1.2.8 recent java? errors

Post by exec »

Hello Scott

I inherited some really old boxes running 1.2.8 on our public catalog PCs. In the last few days one of the PCs is now getting grumpy when searching by either author or subject fields (all other fields are fine)

The author/subject fields load but with the error message "documents.forms.0.elements.0 is null and not an object"

Is this a java error message? I noticed v1 cannot turn off java error message but it is puzzling this has only appeared in the last few days. Any ideas why this is now an issue? I assume there is no longer updates/support for version 1.

Much thanks

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The author/subject fields load but with the error message "documents.forms.0.elements.0 is null and not an object"
This is definitely caused by a JavaScript error on the page if it is pop-ing up in a dialog box. To get around it you will either have to switch to PWB v2 or get the web author to fix the error. Unfortunately we are no longer developing PWB v1.

It is showing up now because the web page has probably been updated and now includes the error.

If you want to test out PWB v2, email support@teamsoftwaresolutions.com and we can provide you with a free 30 day temporary license.

--Scott