disabling save as dialog box.

For general issues related to PWB v1.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott

angela
Observer
Observer

disabling save as dialog box.

Post by angela »

Ok quick background: Public Web Browser v.1 and Windows 2000 Pro and the User has only User access, not Administrator.
I have it locked down so the only place the patron can go is our website for the catalog. However, they have been circumventing that by somehow double clicking the button toolbar just to the right of the About button, which opened a Save Contents Page. From here they have been able to access the Internet by opening the saving it and then opening the saved page in IE.
I disabled up to a point by making Directories=true which only allows to the floppy. However, as long as a floppy is in, a save as dialog box appears and the patron can still save to the desktop.
I looked through the MMC consoles as well as the ini file for PWB for some way to disable this but unable to do so. Any ideas?
:?:

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Sounds like the Save As button is not disabled.

You can use ManageIE to prevent IE from opening.

--Scott

angela
Observer
Observer

disabling save as dialog box, part two

Post by angela »

I downloaded the ManageIE, but doesnt' block the double clicking in the blank space from appearing. The Save As Button is not shown on the screen. The only buttons shown are: Back, Forward, Stop, Refresh, Home, Search (which takes you to our homepage), Print, and About. If the user clicks in the blank space to the right of the About button. There is a line you can move back and forth to the right of About. If it's moved all the way and the blank area is clicked on to the right of about (where the toolbar buttons would technically be), clicking twice doesn't bring up the Save As Dialog box. If the line is moved to the left the blank spot to the right can then be clicked on to bring up the Save as Dialog Box.
Unfortunately I am unable to take a picture of the screen because I don't have MS word to save it to (just Notepad). :(

spragers
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by spragers »

Do you have the Save As button disabled in the INI file, as well as any other Save items in the menus?

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Send a copy of your INI file to Support@TeamSoftwareSolutions.com and I will take a look at it.

--Scott