Page Cannot be displayed

For general issues related to PWB v1.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott

Page Cannot be displayed

Post by Guest »

I have PB only allowing access to about 10 online databases that we subscribe to in our library. For some reason (and I can't figure out when/why) one database in particular will not be accessible. That IE-type page saying "Page cannot be displayed" comes up instead of the databases home page (Worldbook Online). If I end task PB, I can load the page again. But then eventually the page will not load again. This only happens with this one url.
Any ideas? Some kind of caching problem?

amutch
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by amutch »

Check to make sure that you are including all of the domains that the site uses. You may need to contact their technical support so that they can give you all of that info.

Post by Guest »

Yep. I definitely am allowing all the URLs that I need to allow access to. Why would PB allow the PC to go that website initially several times, but then stop loading it all of a sudden? If I reboot the PC, I can access the webpage several times until that magic number hits and it won't come up.
Any other ideas out there?

john

no access

Post by john »

I had a problem I solved by switching under "security" from
"Check accessbefore Browse" to "CheckAccessAfterBrowse"

Post by Guest »

John:
Thanks, I'll try that. I had about given up hope of a solution to this one.

Johenyst
Participant
Participant

Page Cannot be displayed

Post by Johenyst »

I recently installed a messenger on our website and when I attempt to click the Show Instant Messenger link all I get is This Page cannot be displayed.

Does anyone have any idea why the messenger is not displaying itself ?

TestUser123