New user: couple of questions

For general issues related to PWB v1.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott

aar

New user: couple of questions

Post by aar »

Hello,

I am a totally new user, what I am trying to accomplish is to have the workstation start up with a disclaimer form displayed on the Public web browser, with the user not being able to do ANYTHING, unless they click the I agree link.

My first question is: does the public browser have the capability to disable other options besides the browser? For example the start menu?

Second question: I know how to set the initial permissions displaying the disclaimer on the browser, such as not allowing them to close the browser, but how do I change the permissions back to normal after they have clicked on the I agree with the terms disclaimer?
thanks

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Public Web Browser is a simple web browser that can be customized for use in public areas. By itself it does not disable anything, but with a little help from Windows Policies it can secure the computer pretty well.

With that said, it may be helpful to start out with an overview what your desired end results would be. For example are you wanting only PWB on the computer with limited web access, or do you want to allow other programs to run as well.

To have only PWB on the computer, I would recommend using PWB as the Windows shell. If you are wanting other programs to run on the computer, you can use Windows policies to have Windows display the disclaimer then log on as normal.

To have PWB display disclaimer or policy dialog before PWB starts, use the display policy setting.

[Security]
Policy=True

--Scott