Time and Print Management Software

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

Philip-Long Beach NY

Time and Print Management Software

Post by Philip-Long Beach NY »

If your library is looking for a software solution to help manage patrons time on internet or OPAC pc's, and also charge for printing, Comprise Technologies has an extremely powerful and flexible solution - S.A.M (Smart Access Manager)

My library system in Nassau County NY has seen it's share of abuse of time on the public terminals and copious print jobs with nothing but junk on them by amateur patrons who unexpectantly print jobs with way too much paper waste. I came across SAM a year ago and brought it to the powers that be to look into it. A year later SAM will be installed a week from now in a few pilot libraries, with the rest of 40+ libraries soon after.
8) :P

SAM can manage patrons in a first come, first serve basis, or allow staff or patrons to schedule appointments, and charge for print jobs on a per page basis. SAM will even allow X number of pages free before charging - ALL WITH THE PATRON'S OWN LIBRARY CARDS.

Oh, and of course SAM is completely compatible with all versions of Public Web Browser. In fact, at the training session, I asked about this and they said they were well aware of the product and highly recommended it for any libraries wishing to control patron functionality.

Anyone interested should check out SAM:

www.comprisetechnologies.com

Philip - Long Beach NY