Command line

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

Gary

Command line

Post by Gary »

This shows my lack of expertise.....

The configuration file explains how to run PWB from a server. This is what I want to do. However, the instructions refer to the command line in the shortcut....where is that? Is that the same thing as Target? My Find Target button seems to be greyed out.

chrism
Participant
Participant

Post by chrism »

I run PWB off a server for all our public Internets, PACs, and special purpose PCs, with configuration files customized for each use and specified in the command line.

Here's an example (no line breaks and include the quotes):

"\\server\d\Program Files\TeamSoftware Solutions\Public Web Browser v2\PWB.exe" /ini="\\server\d\patron settings\pwb\internet.ini"

In the Start In field of the shortcut properties, I use %tmp%, the environment variable for the local temporary file location (my network is Win2K + NT).

You can create the shortcuts either on the target PC or as part of a profile or group policy.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Gary

Command Line

Post by Gary »

Thanks for the response. I understand the part below about where to redirect the INI file, but let me spell out my ignorance again.....where is the command line????
In the configuration instructions, it says to put it in the command line of the shortcut...............where is the command line of the shortcut? I must be missing the obvious, thanks for helping.

Here's an example (no line breaks and include the quotes):

"\\server\d\Program Files\TeamSoftware Solutions\Public Web Browser v2\PWB.exe" /ini="\\server\d\patron settings\pwb\internet.ini"

spragers
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by spragers »

The box labeled "Target".

:D

Gary

command line

Post by Gary »

Cool. Thanks!