For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

spragers
Benefactor
Benefactor

message to NBPLtom

Post by spragers »

Hi,

After rolling out PWB2 we had the same problem. We have PWB installed on a network share, to make it easier for upgrades and maintenance. However, we, too, were having patrons come up repeatedly saying that PWB was simply closing and booting them off at any number of websites (including Yahoo, AOL, and many others). I was finally able to crash PWB at one website, but after revisiting that same site several more times without PWB crashing, I was still stumped. After talking to Scott, we disabled several security options to see if it made any difference. I turned off pop-up blocking, URL access checking, and the History file. This cleared up the problem. I have since re-enabled the pop-up closing option, as well as the URL access checking, and we are still doing fine. Scott thinks it may be a problem where two or more computers are trying to update the history file at the same time, and the one that gets there second ends up with an error that it doesn't know what to do with and simply closes.

If you're still having these problems with PWB, and if you are using a shared History file between your stations, could you try turning it off for a day or even a few hours etc. and see if the problem goes away? If it works then Scott will know just what to look at in the PWB code.

Thanks!