Rene P
Participant
Participant

cache

Post by Rene P »

With the following ini entries:

ClearCacheOnHome=True
ClearCacheOnClose=True

I would assume that the cache is cleared whenever someone hits the "Home" button. If this is the case then should the back button not be greyed out when someone hits the home buton and not be able to go back and view previous pages? I am using verion 2.07.2.

Thanks,

I also just noticed that the inactivity timer does not seem to work. Fort esting I ahve mine set to 5 minutes and when the browser is loaded for the first time and the inactivity timer starts after some use, after the 5 mintues the inactivity timer starts and closes then the inactivity timer sits at 00:00 no matter what you do. Here is the ini portion of the inactivity.

[Inactivity]
InactivityTimer=True
InactivitySeconds=300
InactivityMessageTitle=Warning
InactivityMessageFile=p:\pwb207\Inactivity.txt
InactivityAction=Restart
InactivitySoundFile=
InactivityStartOnOpen=False
InactivityShowDialog=True
ResetOnMouseMove=True
ResetOnMouseButton=True
ResetOnKeyboard=True

spragers
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by spragers »

Hi,

Here's the problem - you have:

That should be set to True if you want the Inactivity Timer to start when PWB starts.

Hope that helps!

Rene P
Participant
Participant

Post by Rene P »

spragers wrote:Hi,

Here's the problem - you have:

That should be set to True if you want the Inactivity Timer to start when PWB starts.

Hope that helps!
I dont neccesarily want the inactivity timer to start when the browser starts. I want the inactivity to start after someone has done their work and walks away and this part happens just fine. Its only when the inactivity has gone through its course the first time, has restarted the browser and the the timer sits at 00:00 regardless of activity or not.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Inactivity Timer

Post by Scott »

What is your home page set to? A page that automatically refreshes can cause the inactivity timer to continually reset.

Also there are some applications, for example TrendMicro Officescan, that can cause the inactivity timer to reset because they send mouse messages to all running applications for some reason.

http://teamsoftwaresolutions.com/phpBB2 ... .php?t=347

Both of these conditions can usually be corrected by setting the following in the PWB INI file.

[Inactivity]
ResetOnMouseMove=False

--Scott

Rene P
Participant
Participant

Post by Rene P »

Scott wrote:What is your home page set to? A page that automatically refreshes can cause the inactivity timer to continually reset.

Also there are some applications, for example TrendMicro Officescan, that can cause the inactivity timer to reset because they send mouse messages to all running applications for some reason.

http://teamsoftwaresolutions.com/phpBB2 ... .php?t=347

Both of these conditions can usually be corrected by setting the following in the PWB INI file.

[Inactivity]
ResetOnMouseMove=False

--Scott
My home page is set to our library webpage http://www.wlu.ca/library.

We dont use that particular software and I just tried setting ResetOnMouseMove=False and this did not make any difference.

Rene P
Participant
Participant

Post by Rene P »

Ad then there is my initial issue of the cahce...

With the following ini entries:

ClearCacheOnHome=True
ClearCacheOnClose=True

I would assume that the cache is cleared whenever someone hits the "Home" button. If this is the case then should the back button not be greyed out when someone hits the home buton and not be able to go back and view previous pages? I am using verion 2.07.2.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The "clear cache on..." functions clear the Internet Explorer cache files. The back button is not part of the cache, but part of the Internet Explorer immediate history. This history information is held in memory and can only be cleared by restarting the browser.

To give the next user a "new" browser, we have had very good success with using [Security] RestartOnClose=True, and [Inactivity] InactivityAction=Exit. We then enourage the users to close the browser when finished. This causes PWB to clear the cache, and restart. If the users walks away, the exit action has the same effect.

--Scott

Rene P
Participant
Participant

Post by Rene P »

Scott wrote:The "clear cache on..." functions clear the Internet Explorer cache files. The back button is not part of the cache, but part of the Internet Explorer immediate history. This history information is held in memory and can only be cleared by restarting the browser.

To give the next user a "new" browser, we have had very good success with using [Security] RestartOnClose=True, and [Inactivity] InactivityAction=Exit. We then enourage the users to close the browser when finished. This causes PWB to clear the cache, and restart. If the users walks away, the exit action has the same effect.

--Scott
I see. I will give that a try. Thanks.

Rene P
Participant
Participant

Post by Rene P »

Ok just gave it a try and it didnt work. The timer went to 00:00 the message box came and went and the browser did not exit therefore did not restart.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Send a copy of your INI file to Support@TeamSoftwareSolutions.com and I will take a look at it.

--Scott

Rene P
Participant
Participant

Post by Rene P »

ini file has been sent.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You need to set the following.

[Browser]
DisableExit=False

Also if you want users to be able to reset it themselves, you may want to add the File Exit menu item, or use one of the PWB exit utilites availble on our Downloads page as a shell button.

--Scott

Rene P
Participant
Participant

Post by Rene P »

Thank you Scott that works really well.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

To make it a little less confusion and a bit more flexible, I have changed how PWB reacts to the timers request to exit when disable exit is set to true. Starting in PWB v2.07.3, PWB will exit in reaction to the timers even when this is set to true.

--Scott

Rene P
Participant
Participant

Post by Rene P »

Scott wrote:To make it a little less confusion and a bit more flexible, I have changed how PWB reacts to the timers request to exit when disable exit is set to true. Starting in PWB v2.07.3, PWB will exit in reaction to the timers even when this is set to true.

--Scott
Nice touch....