Page Setup

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

jsand
Participant
Participant

Page Setup

Post by jsand »

I'm having a bit of a printing problem with page setup that I don't think is PWB's fault, but maybe you can help. We have a couple of configurations where PWB is running as the shell instead of Explorer:

- Windows 7 SP1
- Internet Explorer 11
- Set "Custom user interface" on user side of Group policy to the PWB instance on a network server

This used to work fine. Recently, I have found that when logging into these user accounts on a fresh computer that does not have a profile for that user yet, printing defaults to 0" margins and no headers/footers. It doesn't matter whether or not I turn on "UseCustom" in PageSetup in pwb.ini. I have traced the problem to the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\PageSetup key not being created for the user unless I add it manually, and it seems that PWB cannot populate the key unless it already exists (but it's okay if they key is empty).

Like I said, this hasn't been a problem until recently. A bunch of computer I deployed about a year ago did not have this trouble. I am wondering if Microsoft pushed some kind of update that changes the IE initialization procedure? I can confirm that a blank PageSetup key does exist in HKeyUsers//Default.

Any ideas? I can push a blank reg key through GP Preferences, but this is kind of annoying.

-Jeff

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Page Setup

Post by Scott »

Use the PWB Startup Script to run a batch file that uses "regedit" with the command line switch "/s" to silently import the registry settings to match what you need.

Regedit command line switches:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/82821

Internet Explorer Registry print settings:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/236777

Sample batch file:

Code: Select all

REM Import REG script, use full path to file
start regedit /s d:\printer.reg
--Scott