PWB allowing selection of a grayed out item

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

hitchingsm
Participant
Participant

PWB allowing selection of a grayed out item

Post by hitchingsm »

I have PWB on my catalog PC's and we use Evergreen as our ILS, when placing a hold FROM PWB ONLY we can choose Portsmouth Public Library as a pickup location, we cannot do that from any other browser IE, FF or Chrome, the system is grayed out.

I need for patrons NOT to be able to pick the system as a pickup location, they must choose a branch.

http://portsmouth.evergreenva.org if you email me at
hitchingsm at portsmouthva.gov I will send you my barcode and pin to see what I am talking about.
Thanks,

Maria

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PWB allowing selection of a grayed out item

Post by Scott »

What version of PWB are you using including the minor revision number, for example 2.11.7?

Send the information on how to duplicate the issue to support@teamsoftwaresolutions.com, and we will test it out.

--Scott

hitchingsm
Participant
Participant

Post by hitchingsm »

My INI is 2.11, the exe Public Web Browser (October 7, 2011) the other files I just see v2.
I read tat I could just replace the exe with the latest one as long as it is 2.*, should I do that to test if it fixes my issue?
Thanks, Maria

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

If you right click on the EXE file and select properties, or click on the Help About menu, or About button in PWB if enabled you can get the full version of PWB that you are using.

I would recommend upgrading to the current version of PWB as this simple fix may correct the issue.

You are correct. If you are using PWB version 2.11 all you need to do is extract the new PWB version 2.11.7 PWB.EXE file and copy it over your current PWB.EXE file.

Otherwise here are the instructions:
http://www.teamsoftwaresolutions.com/fo ... ?f=1&t=709

--Scott