Version 10/11

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

jfrasier
Benefactor
Benefactor

Version 10/11

Post by jfrasier »

I haven't really had to do anything with my computers that have PWB on them. That is good and bad. I have forgotten some things and also think I lost a version 10 installation file.

Can I use an .ini file that was written for 2.10 and just change it to 2.11 for an installation of version 11?

I am trying to make that work but I get this in the addressbar of IE8:

file:///C:/Program%20Files/TeamSoftware%20Solutions/Public%20Web%20Browser%20v2/pwbrs.ini

I have checked a gazillion times and I infact have as the property of the shortcut - "C:\Program Files\TeamSoftware Solutions\Public Web Browser v2\PWB.exe" /ini = "C:\Program Files\TeamSoftware Solutions\Public Web Browser v2\pwbrs.ini"

What can I do? The reason I am doing anything at all is this computer had gotten left behind in upgrades long ago and had version 2.06 which is showing that it is unregistered.

Thanks
Jane

jfrasier
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Version 10/11

Post by jfrasier »

It occurred to me that I had overlaid the version 11 .ini with mine, so I reinstalled and edited the .ini that was part of the version 11 installtion to meet my needs. Now it does do many of the things in the new .ini like set it in kiosk mode, etc. but it still wants to open or save the .ini file.

:cry:

jfrasier
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by jfrasier »

It truly did NOT work last night, but now it is working. Nevermind.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

If as you say this one computer was left behind, probably the easiest options would be to simply copy the PWB folder from a computer that was not left behind.

PWB does not need to be "installed", it can simply be copied from one computer to another.

--Scott

jfrasier
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by jfrasier »

That's good to know for the future. I always thought that I had to run the .msi installer.

Thanks

:D

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

PWB is designed to be full transportable. The only thing the installer does is copy the files to a folder and create the Start Menu Shortcuts.

--Scott