Back & Home buttons do not work

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

Joe

Back & Home buttons do not work

Post by Joe »

I am using PWB 2.03 in conjunction with our iPAC ared catalog system. However when I hit the back or home buttons it does not do anything.

Help!

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Are you using any other type of restrictrictions such as NT policies?

Send a copy of your INI file to Support@TeamSoftwareSolutions.com.

--Scott

Joe
Observer
Observer

Post by Joe »

I am using some NT restrictions...most notably the inability to access disk drives....

Joe
Observer
Observer

Post by Joe »

I figuresd out my problem. If you set ViewStop and ViewGotoBack to false in the [MENU] section of the ini file even if you set the buttons on the toolbar to true, they will not function properly. Possible fix for next version?

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I will be deffientely looking into it. Thank you for pointing it out.

--Scott

spragers
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by spragers »

It may be considered a "bug" - however, if you have the buttons enabled, why would you want to block the menu choices, since they both do the same thing?

Just a thought.

Joe
Observer
Observer

Post by Joe »

That is a good point. However, I belive that the point of PWB and the ini file is to make it as flexible as possible so that you can enable and disable the features you want when you want. This issue gives feedback to the programmer so that they may improve thier programming skills. Each function of the ini file should be independent of each other so this will let them see if there is a problem elsewhere in the program and make it better in the future for all of us! :D

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

It may not be that easy. In a Windows application, every button is a "shortcut" to a menu item. By disabling the menu item you also disable the button.

I will attempt to get the menu items independent from the buttons but it may not be possible in a Windows environment the way PWB is written. You see the PWB menu is dynamic and is actually built at run time, the menu items are not simply hidden by the settings, they are not there at all. It is possible to build the menu and hide the items but this may lead to other security issues, so we opted to build the menu at run time.

As always we want to make PWB as flexible as possible, so again we will attempt to meet the needs and go against the grain. After all we enjoy the challenge.

--Scott

Joe
Observer
Observer

Post by Joe »

I then suggest that, if it is not possible, due to the shorcut, that a GUI configuration utility be designed that would aliviate problems such as the one I had. In tsuch a case the core coding of the appication would be the same with just this GUI util to create the ini file so that if the toolbar button is enabled the menu selection would automatically become enabled, due to such a selection. A simple VB program would do the trick.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

We are working on a graphical INI configuration utility that will offer hints and tips and hopfully aliviate this problem in the future. In the mean time I have added this information to the PWB v2 RTF file.

Our main focus currently is gettnig PWB v2.03 revision 1 released, so it will be a little bit before we get to the point of beta testing the INI utility.

--Scott