Problems with Yahoo Mail and PWB 2.11.7

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

amutch
Benefactor
Benefactor

Problems with Yahoo Mail and PWB 2.11.7

Post by amutch »

We had multiple reports yesterday of PWB crashing on users in Yahoo! Mail. I've seen problems like this before for users who are still using the older version of Yahoo! Mail. For testing purposes, if you have the newer version of Yahoo! Mail, you can access the older version using this link:

http://us.mc598.mail.yahoo.com/mc/launch

Browser: IE 9
PWB: 2.11.7c

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problems with Yahoo Mail and PWB 2.11.7

Post by Scott »

We put of the 2.11.7f yesterday.

We will do some testing on Yahoo.

--Scott

rpljosh
Observer
Observer

Post by rpljosh »

I just wanted to add to this topic and say that we have problems with the new Yahoo Mail and downloading attachments. When you click 'Save to Computer' while in the email containing the attachment, it shows a yellow bar at the top of the browser, you click the yellow bar and select 'download file.' After doing that you are taken back to your inbox view in Yahoo Mail. When you go back into the email with the attachment, you click 'Save to Computer' again and it does the same thing over and over again without ever downloading anything. [Edit] I failed to mention that we are also using 2.11.7. Also, in testing with a 'bare bones' ini file, I was able to duplicate the issue, however after clicking on 'Save to Computer' a second time, I was able to download the file. [Edit 2] We are using IE 9 on Windows 7.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The yellow bar is the Internet Explorer Security Band blocking file downloads when a file link is not clicked directly. Add the following to your PWB version 2.11.7 INI file to correct the issue.

[Security]
RestrictFileDownload=False

--Scott

JohnE
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JohnE »

I had the same problem. This addition worked for me.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Thank you for the feedback. In the next release we will set false as the default.

--Scott