Close Button Not working for PWB version 2.1.1.6

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

jagannsu
Observer
Observer

Close Button Not working for PWB version 2.1.1.6

Post by jagannsu »

I just upgraded to version 2.1.1.6 from 2.1.0.6 since the javascripts were not running on the websites accesses through the PWB. The javascripts got enabled but the Close button functionality would not work. The button is not disabled but when clicked, the window would close and pop right back open. Please let me know on what settings to change in the INI file to fix the problem. Thanks!

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Do you have an example URL we can test?

--Scott

jagannsu
Observer
Observer

Post by jagannsu »

Thank you for your quick response!

I couldn't post any URL, there is an error message which says that I must have 20 posts before I can post URL's.

The home page for the browser is set to a html page located on the server and one of the websites accessed through the browser is seekingmichigan dot org. Is there a configuration setting that needs to be changed for the close button functionality to work? The maximize and minimize buttons are working as they should.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The site http://www.seekingmichigan.org/ does not seem to be a valid site.

When you refer to the "close button", are you referring to the close button in a Windows application title bar, or a close button as part of a web page?

As in:
http://www.w3schools.com/js/tryit.asp?f ... _win_close

The following setting effects the close button in the PWB title bar.

[Browser]
DisableCloseButton=False

--Scott

jagannsu
Observer
Observer

Post by jagannsu »

I am referring to the close button on the PWB title bar; you can find the three buttons on the top right, the minimize, maximize and close. When I click on the close button, "X" on the top right, the window closes for a second and pops open right back again. Minimize and maximize buttons are working correctly.

I already tried setting the DisableCloseButton to TRUE (default is FALSE) and the close button does get disabled...but that is not what I want.

Why is it doing that? Please help!

And www dot seekingmichigan dot org is working for me and valid.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Hmm, http://www.seekingmichigan.org/ was not working yesterday.

If it is the PWB title bar button, then the site is of little consequence. Please send a copy of your INI file to support@teamsoftwaresolutions.com as an attachment and we will take a look at it.

--Scott

jagannsu
Observer
Observer

Re: Close Button Not working for PWB version 2.1.1.6

Post by jagannsu »

Thank you! Changing the InactivityAction setting to Exit closed the window.
Form what we can decipher, you must be opening a secondary instance of PWB from PWB with a different INI file. The following setting is causing the secondary instance of PWB to reopen itself.

[Inactivity]
InactivityAction=Restart

You should change this action to exit if you do not wish PWB to restart.

--Scott