Problem with Adobe Flash

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

Brandon
Observer
Observer

Problem with Adobe Flash

Post by Brandon »

Where I work at, we have 2 computers set-up for visitor's to use. We installed PWB v2 on these PC's so that the visitor can only browse
Fold3(a website similar to Ansestry(dot)com). Recently Fold3 updated the website and now requires that we update our version of Adobe Flash, I updated the flash to the newest version, but the website still asking me to update adobe flash.

I have tried opening the website on IE8, and it works fine.

Is there something in the ini file I need to look at?

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

When you test the site with IE8, are you logged on as the same user that runs PWB?

--Scott

Brandon
Observer
Observer

Post by Brandon »

Yes, I stayed on the same user.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

On the web site (http://go.fold3.com/records/genealogy/) what are the steps to reproduce the issue?

--Scott

Brandon
Observer
Observer

Post by Brandon »

We acctually have a partnering with the website, so what appears on my screen will differ with what someone not on our network would see.

On the computers here with PWBv2, if I go to the main page and try to view any of the images avalible from there I will get a message asking to update adobe flash.

I tried the URL you used go(dot)fold3(dot)com/records/genealogy/ and found out that when I go to any of the links that are listed (ex: Census - US Federal 1930) it opens up a page with just a blank area where the search results should be. Again I tried the same link in IE and it shows up fine.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

We used the demo version of the web site with PWB version 2.11.6 on Windows XP with IE 8.0, and Windows 7 with IE 9.0, and the PDF files displayed as expected.

What version of PWB are you using including the minor revision number, for example version 2.11.6?

--Scott

Brandon
Observer
Observer

Post by Brandon »

We are running PWB 2.11.6 on Windows 7 with IE8.0

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Try changing PWB into IE compatibility mode.

[Browser]
IEBrowserEmulation=7000

--Scott

Brandon
Observer
Observer

Post by Brandon »

I tried changing the compatibility mode, but the still getting the message to update adobe flash.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Without being able to test it directly in the same manner as your setup the only thing we can offer is guesses as to the the cause.

Try adding the following setting to your INI file.

[Security]
RestrictFileDownload=False

--Scott

Brandon
Observer
Observer

Issue resolved

Post by Brandon »

I got onto the computer's today to try your suggestion, but it seems that the website and browser are working fine now.

I found out our regional office pushed out an update to all computers which included an update to an adobe flash plugin and that may be what fixed it.

I really appreciate the help you have provided. Thank You.