Ancestry(dot)com and doubleclick(dot)net

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

rer
Observer
Observer

Ancestry(dot)com and doubleclick(dot)net

Post by rer »

Ancestry(dot)com has recently(?) added an iframe to doubleclick(dot)net on their main page. We use URL.TXT with a +ancestry(dot)com . However, the new iframe to doubleclick(dot)net results in a Warning Denied pop up. Ancestry works fine if you wait for the pop up to go away or click OK, but the Warning Denied pop up confuses patrons -- they think that the whole site doesn't work.

I really don't want to add doubleclick(dot)net to the URL.TXT as an allowed site. Is there any way to set it up so that I don't get the Warning Denied pop up without allowing access to doubleclick(dot)net?

Thanks.

rer

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You could have PWB not show the access dialog.

[Security]
ShowAccessDialog=False

However this can be confusing when a patron tried to access a web site that is not allowed.

You could, if you are using at least PWB version 2.11.5 you can use the following hidden until version 2.12 settings to redirect a URL to a different page.

[Files] CheckURLRedirectFile= Tab delimited list of paired URL -> redirect URL.
[Security] CheckURLRedirect=False Enable URL redirects (uses [Files]CheckURLRedirectFile=).

If you use the above, allow access to the URL in your filter, and redirect it to a different page, for example About:Blank in the redirect file.

--Scott

rer
Observer
Observer

Post by rer »

Thank you for the suggestion.

The redirect does work. Unfortunately, because they have it in an iFrame tag, it basically creates a loop -- the redirect takes it to the About:Blank but when you try to get to the original page, it goes there until it hits the iFrame tag which then redirects you to the About:Blank.

I think I'll just allow the doubleclick site.