Participant
Participant

Gmail "new look" formatting issue

Post by wyoung »

WinXP
IE8
Google Apps/Gmail
PWB2115.exe

My environment uses Google Apps/Gmail for enterprise. Now that Gmail has a "new look", when scrolling down through email list, the items that are scrolling off the top of the page overlap (bleed through or can be seen) with the menu/navigation bar at the top which has links for calendar, documents, etc. This does not occur when accessing with IE8 only. Could I be missing a setting in .ini??

Thanks.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Using an unedited INI file with PWB 2.11.5 with the same configuration we do not see any screen bleed as described. Try using an unedited INI file and see if the problem persists.

When testing are you using the same user account in Windows to run both IE and PWB?

--Scott

wyoung
Participant
Participant

Post by wyoung »

Same user. Without PWB the screen looks fine. With PWB there is a lag when scrolling down through email and the screen doesn't buffer/paint correctly. The email list currently on screen doesn't change and the email scrolled to then bleeds through.

W

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Did you try it with an unedited INI file? This will determine if it is an INI setting or the browser itself.

--Scott

wyoung
Participant
Participant

Post by wyoung »

Yes. unedited. the only think i modified in the ini was registration info.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

What are the specs on the computer you are running PWB on?

All the HTML rendering is done via the Internet Explorer ActiveX control, it maybe the computer is lacking in memory or video drawing.

--Scott