Maximized Window

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

Jreinard
Provider
Provider

Maximized Window

Post by Jreinard »

I am working on a new windows 7 machine for my patrons, the menu system that I use is a website. which I have PWB loading on login in a Maximized Window.

across the bottom of my menu, I have a line with a Description of the link that their about click on.

the problem I found is that the Description is getting cut in half by the task bar on the bottom of the screen. the Areo glass affect is making half the Line unreadable. because the window is under the taskbar, instead of on top of it.

after playing around I noticed that not all my PWB INI's have this same problem. I narrowed the problem down to this one line.

DisableMaximizeButton=True

when this is true, the window drops behind the task bar.

DisableMaximizeButton=False

when it's false, the windows maximizes as it should, but now the patrons can use the button to get to the desktop, which is no good.

Is there any way to fix this?
Thanks
Jesse

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

This is actually a by product of Windows because when the Maximize button is disabled Windows thinks it is an installation application and tries to cover the task bar, but with the title bar showing it goes behind the task bar.

If you do not want people to have access to the Desktop, you can use HideGUI to hide the Desktop.

--Scott

Jreinard
Provider
Provider

Post by Jreinard »

Thanks for the reply. I was looking over the INI file.
I was found theses settings.
WindowTop=
WindowLeft=

I was wondering if theres a setting for
WindowBottom=

It wouldn't allow the windows to go below a set point? or start the window at a set point?

this would allow me to keep the maximize button disabled. but the windows would be the size i need it to be.

is there anything like that?

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Combine the top and left with the following.

[Browser]
WindowHeight=
WindowWidth=

This will allow you to adjust the window size.

--Scott