SOLVED-PCounter

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

gus210
Observer
Observer

SOLVED-PCounter

Post by gus210 »

I'm currently running v 2.1.1.4 of PWB and can't get PCounter to pop up every time someone prints. PCounter is just an .exe that tells the public how much their prints will be when they want something to print out. I've tried all of the options for pop ups, second windows, etc. So I'm wondering what am I doing wrong. Is there any way to allow a pop up that's not related to PWB? Thanks!
Last edited by gus210 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Does PCounter normally work directly with IE?

--Scott

gus210
Observer
Observer

Post by gus210 »

PCounter is just a stand alone .exe. We put it in the start up folder so that it starts up automatically and every time a patron finishing printing the PCounter popup comes up and tells them how much they will be charged for the prints.

gus210
Observer
Observer

Post by gus210 »

So I eneded up figuring out what was wrong. What I did was put Securemode=false in the PWB.ini file. Then used the HideGUI to hide the task bar and everything else. That way the popup will show up and patrons won't be able to do anything else. I'm guessing what security mode does is only allow PWB to be operable and nothing else.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You are correct, Secure mode only allows PWB to show in the alternate Desktop created by the Secure mode.

--Scott