Printing from Mapquest not working

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

amutch
Benefactor
Benefactor

Printing from Mapquest not working

Post by amutch »

When patrons try to print from Mapquest, no map appears. The map appears in the print view when testing in IE 9.

Windows 7 with Service Pack 1
Internet Explorer 9
PWB 2.11.3

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

We are looking into it.

Interestingly enough, Mapquest will not work with IE 8 at all.

--Scott

cvitech
Observer
Observer

Post by cvitech »

Has this issue been resolved?
Running Windows 7 SP1 x64, IE 9.0.8112.16421, PWB 2.11.4.

When using the print button above a map in mapquest, the popup does not display the map. However, if you press refresh in the popup window, it will display. Viewing/Printing from just IE does not have this problem. Tested with 2.11.5 Beta and same result.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Using PWB with IE9 with an unedited INI file with both PWB 2.11.4 and 2.11.5 the print button seems to work just the same as with IE directly.

--Scott

cvitech
Observer
Observer

Post by cvitech »

Still had the same problem when using an unedited INI and it does not work the same as IE directly. When using mapquest's print button above the map, the pop up window is not bringing up the map until refresh is pressed. I have tried this on multiple windows 7 sp1 x64 machines running IE9. I have verified all updates have been applied. Just to clarify, I am not using the Print button on the PWB toolbar or the file menu. This is the print button on the website itself, which will pop up another window to print. I'll continue troubleshooting on my end.

cvitech
Observer
Observer

Post by cvitech »

Did a fresh windows 7 build with IE9. Installed all windows and IE updates. Downloaded a fresh copy of PWB from downloads page. Tested and still had same problem. I have verified this happens on both Windows 7 64-bit and 32-bit OS systems. I have verified this does not happen on Windows XP runnning IE8\PWB. We do not have any Vista systems to test IE9\PWB with. I have included a link to a screencast showing my attempt with a fresh copy of PWB and the results of the Map not showing until refresh is pressed.

http://screencast.com/t/hluHys4jT

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Add the following to your INI file to correct the issue.

[Browser]
IEBrowserEmulation=7000

We were using an older version of Flash on our test computers. With more recent versions of Flash you need to use the compatibility mode of the IE Web Browser control for the web site.

--Scott

cvitech
Observer
Observer

Post by cvitech »

Awsome, it works! Thank you very much.

cvitech
Observer
Observer

Post by cvitech »

Any way to have this enabled only for mapquest.com? Adding this to the PWB.ini file causes GMAIL to display a bright red message at the top.

If I add mapquest.com to the IE compatibility settings, it does not load at all with PWB. TIA

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The Mapquest.com printing has been resolved in PWB version 2.11.5.

--Scott

amutch
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by amutch »

Scott,

Thanks. I didn't catch that it was fixed in 2.11.5 but I did test it with the new beta and that worked.