PWB Does Not Play Music Samples on Freegal Website

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

cvorton
Participant
Participant

PWB Does Not Play Music Samples on Freegal Website

Post by cvorton »

Public Web Browser v2.11 will only play a music sample that is listed on the opening page of the Freegal website, but it will not play any other music samples under the different categories or within the alphabetical list of music artists. It will also not play a music sample on the opening page if you return from another page on Freegal, unless you completely close the browser, re-open it ,and then log back into the website. Internet Explorer v8 will play all music samples with no problems. I have already tried changing all of the settings in the PWB.INI that weren't there by default and even several other ones just for the heck of it, but nothing helped.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

What version of PWB are you using including the revision number, for example PWB v2.11.3?

--Scott

cvorton
Participant
Participant

Post by cvorton »

v2.11.0

cvorton
Participant
Participant

Post by cvorton »

I didn't realize that v2.11.3 was out yet, so I just download and installed the "upgrade' version and unfortunately, it didn't help resolve the problem.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Do you have an example URL we can test?

--Scott

cvorton
Participant
Participant

Post by cvorton »

Yes, but I need to obtain a temporary library card number and a PIN so that you can log into the Freegal website. Please give me an hour or so to arrange that. I will then email you directly the info.
Thanks,
Curtis

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Add the following to your PWB v2.11 INI file and it should correct the problem.

[Browser]
PreventSWFCaching=True

There is an issue with the Internet Explorer Web Browser Control PWB utilizes and the cahcing of SWF files that sometimes cause problems. This setting will remove the SWF files between pages which corrects the issue.

--Scott