Windows 7 and mail.com

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

JohnE
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 7 and mail.com

Post by JohnE »

I'm using PWB v. 2.10.9 on a Win7 machine with IE 8. After logging into www.mail.com I can compose an email with no problem using text, but if I go into the preferences and switch over to:
When Composing:
Always use HTML-Email
The page freezes. If using HTML mode is on when I log in, things are fine. I can read email, but as soon as I try to compose an email (either new or forwarding one I have read) the page will freeze again.
I tested on another machine at a different branch using XP and v. 2.10.8 and I had no problems.
Testing on a Win7 machine using just IE I have no problem. When testing on other WIn7 machines with PWB the problem arises again, the page freezing if I compose an email.
If you need any more information, let me know.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You should upgrade to PWB v2.11.3 since this was compiled with the Windows 7 SDK directly which fixes some inconsistencies with PWB in Windows 7.

--Scott

JohnE
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JohnE »

Worked great on my test machine.
A question though. Since we will need to upgrade around 50 machines I was thinking of just copying over the new PWB.exe file on the test machine and an updated pwb.ini file to the other machines we need upgraded.
A quick test showed no problems resulting from this, is this an OK or would you suggest uninstalling the old PWB and them installing the newer version? Alternately, can we install the newer version and will it upgrade an already existing PWB install?

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

PWB was designed to be just copied, no install necessary. In fact you do not need to install PWB at all, it is happy just to run from a server.

--Scott

JohnE
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JohnE »

Thanks Scott.
That's what I love about PWB, easy to implement and always fast responces.