How can I disable ctrl+L?

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

vcl
Observer
Observer

How can I disable ctrl+L?

Post by vcl »

We use PWB2 to lock down our public library catalogs, but have never been able to satisfactorily defeat the public's determination to get to the internet.
The use of ctrl+L in PWB2 opens a dialog box called Open and allows the user to type in a web address or a file location. If you type in a web address, it follows the link. Same with the file/folder location. There is also a browse button that allow you to navigate to the file system, find the link to IE and bypass PWB2 and all restrictions.
I'm sure that the ability to disable this function is somewhere within the PWB.ini or the GUI ini file. I even used gpedit.msc to remove ctrl+alt+del and the features associated with it. But still the ctrl+L keystroke combo still brings up the Open dialog box.
What have I missed?

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You will need to upgrade to at least PWB v2.10.7 where the Ctrl-L was fixed.

--Scott

ariel
Observer
Observer

Post by ariel »

What I am seeing on the download page is verion 2.11 but after downloading, it shows version 2.1.1.2 and Ctrl+L still works. Probably is it because I'm using the unregistered version?

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Did you set the following in your INI file to disable the Ctrl-O (Ctrl-L) File Open hot key?

[MenuItems]
FileOpen=False

&

[Buttons]
Open=False

http://www.teamsoftwaresolutions.com/ph ... .php?t=571

--Scott